With the new timeline feature of Facebook, one thing that is now prominently displayed under your cover image are the tabs. The one issue with this is that you can only display 4 tabs by default. Yes, you can expand this section to display them all but by default, you can only have 4.
Since you only have 4 tabs that can be shown, you want to make sure that your most important tabs will always be displayed in the first four slots. Before I get started, let me also state that the first tab, Friends, is always first and CANNOT be changed. So you really only have 3 slots to work with.
So how do you rearrange these things? Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to your timeline page (in most cases, just click on your name in the upper right hand corner).
- There is a down arrow next to the tabs. Click on this arrow and it will expand ALL your tabs.
- Hover your mouse over the tab that you want to move. You will see the "pencil" icon appear when you hover. Click on that pencil. It will open the Editing menu.
- From the list, select the tab you want to switch positions with. Keep doing this until all the tabs are in the correct order you want.
- You can also select to remove the tab from the Favorites as well. If you do not want that tab, selecting this will remove it from the list.
That is all there is to it. Yes, it is easy to do but can be very difficult to figure out HOW to do it. Hopefully by changing your tab order around, your friends will be able to find what you want them to look for.